Saturday, April 5, 2008

She Read My Mind

Yesterday I came home to find a package on my front porch from an old friend from whom I have not heard in a long time. What a sweet surprise! She said she'd been picking up a few things that reminded her of me, and she sent them my way... there was a lovely box of rooibos tea in the box, as well as a line of adorable elephants, all in a row.



They look super on my bookshelf. There was also something I've been thinking of getting for ages, but you know how tough it can be to treat yourself sometimes... it's the protea citrus squeezer from Anthropologie. Gorgeous! I bet my friend was thinking of me cooking (or rather my hubby!) She's a great cook, you can see some her handiwork on her lovely blog, Girl and Her Spoon.



The cermacists who made the juicer are South African, the Mud Studio crew I've spoken about before. I am so glad to have my very own in my grubby paws at last! My friend read my mind!

If you hurry over to Anthropolige, a few of the South African pieces are on sale... my "eucalyptus juicer" (as they call it) is not, but these delightful pieces are. Get 'em while you can!



PS: I hear Anthropologie ships worldwide but not to SA. I wonder why? What a pity!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Awww...thanks for the shout out ;) I'm glad you liked your presents!