Monday, May 19, 2008

SA in the Design News

I met up with an old, good friend (check out her super foodie blog!!) for lunch on Sunday after far too long of missing her company, and she had just been shopping at H&M. While there she found their latest magazine... and lots of it had been shot in South Africa!



I love the turban-style head gear, very South African! There was also saris, and lots of animal print and silver jewellry. Gorgeous. I must head over there for some new fun summer pieces for my wardrobe.

The magazine also had a piece on visiting Cape Town, with a really comprehensive list of places to visit... from the Afro Cafe (which I've blogged about before) to the Neighborhood Goods Market, in which you can find the lovely textiles of Skinny and the beautiful work of Jezze. They even had a little tidbit on where to go to learn more about Apartheid. I was a little surprised to see that, I haven't seen that before this kind of lifestyle publication, so it's great. I have a lot of people my age in the States are not aware of Apartheid, which I think is more of from Apartheid being a big issue to earlier generations than anything else.



So, if you're in H&M, be sure to pick up a copy (there's no H&M in SA yet, is there?)

No comments: