Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gone Fishing

I've been a bit quiet the past week because I have some guests. My mom and my 87-year old grandmother made the long trip to come and visit. We are having a lovely time... we've hit the high spots in Boston, caught up with old friends and new friends. Yesterday we took a little drive up to Rockport, too.





So if you don't mind, I will be spending some quality time with them for the next few weeks. I will miss you but will be back, recharged and happy after time with family... don't tell Gran but on our trip to New York next week we're surprising her with an outing to watch Mary Poppins on Broadway! She's going to love it!

And while I am gone, if you are so inclined, please nominate my little blog for the South African blog awards. I thank you.


nominate this blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've just read another South-African-in-the-US' blog, and she also blogged about her trip to Rockport! You can read about it here:http://66squarefeet.blogspot.com/
Enjoy your time with your mum and gran - what a priviledge!

kbd said...

Thanks Ansie! I saw it yesterday too... I think Marie was leaving as I was arriving. Pretty funny... anyway, I am so privileged to have my Gran here (my Mom has been a few times before) but at 87, I never thought she would make the trip. Very exciting!