Monday, September 27, 2010

Heritage

In honour of the wonderful Heritage Day that South Africans are so lucky to celebrate (and we all say... YUM!) this week I'll have some posts based on heritage. I seem to be a bit late with my celebrations because the actual holiday was last Friday, and we only had our little lekker* braai yesterday, it is always better late than never.

First off I'd like to introduce you to (if you are not already acquainted) to James B Hannah.




James wields his welding tools to create some pretty impressive steel sculptures (I love the red girl and could definitely see her gracing one of the walls of my home).





Besides the beauty of the sculptures, James also creates some practical furniture.



My favourites are his braai chairs and tables. I think its only fitting that this set goes with this post, not only because its about heritage day but because I grew up with the original braai chair and table this draws inspiration from (as did many South Africans). I love how he's reinvented them on modern lines.





If you'd liked to see more, you can visit James' website, JHB Design.

*SA slang for delicious, good, cool, etc.

No comments: