Thursday, August 2, 2012

Doubles

Another lovely find in my new magazine stash, was a magnificent home located in Kenilworth, Cape Town, featured in June's Homes & Gardens magazine. I absorbed the images and decided to look up the blog of the owner - Dominique O'Connor. When I got to her blog, I realized that I had seen her daughter's home in another magazine a couple years ago, and I loved that house, too.

So today and tomorrow I'll share their homes. Together they form Dominico, an interiors company. Dominique's daughter, Giselle (who goes by Gigi) and her husband, live above the shop - as the saying goes - in a beautiful building in Tamboerskloof. I thought it was gorgeous.


Gigi says she is inspired by her family's heritage in Mauritius and Durban - both tropical places. And that's what I like about the decor: the bamboo, textures, built-ins, tropical fabrics and a bit of old world charm.



Or, it could just be the beagles.







No comments: