Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Great Collaboration

I got the best surprise in my inbox today! I got my usual email from Lynn, whose work at Satsuma Press I have loved for a long time. She letterpress prints (and oh, how you know I LURVE letterpress!) the most gorgeous cards, calendars, wedding invitations. Every she does just shows her exquisite taste, great eye for design, and how I wish I had much more money just so that all my stationery came from her workshop. Right now I have some of her work hanging on my wall, to inspire me, and a couple years ago all the mothers and grandmothers in my life got her beautiful cards for mother's day.



But I think I got a bit carried away! The surprise, yes that's what I was talking about, the surprise was that she has collaborated with another favourite artist of mine, Heather Moore (better known on these pages as Skinny Laminx). Heather's work is always graphic, bold, strong and gorgeous. I own her tea towels and have forced her baby tshirts on to unsuspecting new mothers (who seemed quite grateful!).



What a great match! Together they have created 2 cards (hopefully just the beginning!) that are just delightful. I look forward to getting my grubby paws on them in the next few weeks.



The Round Bird will also be in red ochre, and Waiting will be in leafy green and silver sage. Watch Lynn's journal for info as to when they will be ready.

So, if you like what you see, here are some links (you can find links to their shops on their websites):
Satsuma Press
Satsume Press blog
Skinny Laminx
Skinny Laminx blog

And lastly, if you like Lynn's style, you'll love her house, as seen on design*sponge's Sneak Peeks. What a restful, beautiful home. A reflection of the creative soul that lives there, I think.

No comments: