Monday, July 13, 2009

Glorious Summer (in New York)

If you live anywhere in New England, I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say THANK GOODNESS summer is here. We have just been through the longest spring I've seen since I've moved here, and it. is. not. cool.

But let's focus on the good stuff. Summer is here. The sun is setting on the most glorious evening. And I have a lot to be thankful for because I spent a few days last week in New York with the hubby (and hence, so few posts last week), and the weather was perfect. Not too hot. Not too cold. And I had a wonderful time. And I know this digresses from my usual content but that city is just too fantastic not to share. So here, goes...


We drove to the New Haven train station, and left our car there. So lovely to take the train into the city.


Apparently they knew we were coming cos they got the flag ready.


We walked a lot, saw a lot, and along the way saw the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibition at the Guggenheim.










The High Line park was a highlight for us.













I'd heard about the Bethesda Terrace renovation, so I had to check it out.

Besides all this loveliness, there was a trip for soul food in Harlem at Sylvia's (really, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!), walks in Central Park, exploring in the various neighbourhoods... I could go on. It was great!

Back to design in my next post, promise!

PS: For more info on the High Line, check out this post on Habitually Chic (a great blog!) Heather has more great photos but lots of historical info)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Lovely photos! Looks like you had a great time! Thank you for sharing.