Monday, February 14, 2011

A Reflection Back and Forth in Time

A few months ago I bid on ebay for the first time. I decided to because although my apartment has a lot of South African decor in it, there is a lot of American style and Americana that I love... and I've always wanted a Federal-style, convex mirror, y'know, one of those awesome ones with the eagle on top... but I wanted a tiny one, and they usually come in huge sizes... so I just waited, and waited, then this one came up.



Its only 12 inches/30 cm from top to bottom, and I got it for $15. Let me say that again. $15. It's authentic, and much, much better quality than anything I've seen at fleamarkets. Woohoo!

Now, as much as I love the traditional I do love me some modern goodies. So when I saw these bad boys on I Want That I was so excited... how fantastic are they?



They were created by the Sobeit guys (costume creators?), and for sale here. I think it would be so cool to have the one on one side of a hallway, and the other directly opposite.... Thanks Vicki for posting on them!

And Happy Valentines' day everyone! Got any plans? I'm off with 20 of my closest friends for dinner in Chinatown... an annual event, and always a good time.

No comments: