Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Harmony & Dissonance

Usually on this blog, I try to showcase the gobsmacking talent that my peeps in southern Africa produce. I do this mostly to get the word out, as I live in America and I like to share the awesomeness of my homeland with my new friends.

But today I turn the tables. This post is going to be about an American. Granted, an American in South Africa, but with gobsmacking talent and an interesting story. Jimmy Danko is an artist visiting South Africa. These are his sketches.







I like Jimmy's photos, too.











You can see more of his work on his blog, and read about his adventures, too. Thanks to my friend Mark, for bringing this to my attention (Mark creates some pretty awesome art, too! Check it out here)

4 comments:

And So I Whisper said...

love the photos. Great work. thank you for sharing.

kbd said...

wow! I think that was the quickest comment EVER. Thanks for stopping by! Isn't his work lovely?

marcus said...

One of my favorite Danko paintings: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/5184376807_4eac0ee437.jpg

Also love the pics on his site of his gallery/home remodel, very cool.

kbd said...

Mark, that's the one that stood out to me too... gonna have to check out that remodel.