Friday, October 7, 2011

Knysna by the Sea

I spent one of my favourite of all time holidays in Knysna - how could I not? Being on the water, good food, beautiful forests near by, boats, trains and going to Featherbed and having the best fish I've ever had. The only thing that would've made it better was if I stayed at this house that I spotted on House & Leisure's website this week.

















I love the black exterior, corrugated iron roof and walls inside, the wood panelling, the lived-in feel... it looks like bliss.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

so agree with you...its perfect!

Sam said...

Such beautiful photos. it looks like something out of The Hamptons

lisa @ indigo / batik said...

Hi there, beautiful photos! I love Knysna... spent a few days there as well as in Wilderness and Plettenburg Bay several years ago. I, too, had the best fish I've ever had there... I think they said it was Hake if I remember correctly, but haven't been able to match it since :)

kbd said...

hi Indigo and Batik- it was probably was hake. Can't find anything close here in the States. Just another reason to go back :) Thanks for visiting!