Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Table

And then my dream came true!

On Saturday, our wonderful table was delivered.


I couldn't be happier - the top of the table has all this lovely character to it. Little indents, circles, shapes. The legs are just so wonderful .. the shapes, the colour on the legs. My photos can't do it justice.

We had the table made by a wonderfully talented furniture maker and carpenter in southern Massachusetts, David S Edgerly. I cannot recommend him highly enough - he really went beyond what I could imagine, and really listened to what my husband and I asked for. About a month ago, we spent about an hour in his workshop, discussing wood choice, stain colour, shapes of table legs, how hardy the wood needed to be, the size and shape of the table. Every little detail. He took what we said we wanted and made it perfect. If you are in the New England area and want a handmade table, especially a farm style table, he's your man. You can reach him at his website.

Now I can think the dream can expand a bit. I'm imagining a big Thanksgiving feast, maybe some nights around the table with girlfriends, maybe someday there'll be some little bottoms on seats next to that table...


1 comment:

The Vintique Object said...

I absolutely love it! And it looks so perfect with your Tolix chairs. Dining rooms should never be too serious or precious, so that makes me love your livable and casual look even more!
Camille