Thursday, November 1, 2012

Leaves

Little did I realize it would take me two months to get back to blogging! When I last wrote, it was hot (hot, hot!) and in the tail end of summer. Today its chilly, and its clearly autumn. Some of the lovely colours we've seen in our neighbourhood lately (this is our back yard). The reds, yellows, golds and oranges have just been spectacular so far.





The other big news, obviously, is Hurricane Sandy. The outer bands of it came through here on Monday. Luckily our area wasn't hugely effected - having said that, we had high winds and lots and lots of rain. I cannot imagine what it was like closer to the storm centre. We've been here for ten years and this is the first day my office has been closed due to weather (with our snow storms, that's saying something!) but we didn't lose power (although lots of our friends did), and our biggest news was one half of a tree behind our garage fell down on it, but luckily didn't cause any damage. We really haven't got much to talk about, and thank goodness for that.

I hope you are all well and have only good news from the passed two months! 

On my end, I'll have more posts soon. Back to talking about the awesome design, art and crafts from South Africa, and getting inspired by the creativity of South Africans and other people from lots of places. I promise to also give you a house tour of our new place - I'm hoping for some decent light this weekend so I can take some shots of my favourite spots... after really thinking we were sacrificing niceness (it was kind of a dump before we got our hands on it!) for space I think we're going to be really happy here.

Here's a quick peek at the view from our upstairs - little bits of color peeking through... I can't wait to watch some snow fall from up here!

 

1 comment:

sakurasnow said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you were relatively unscathed by Hurricane Sandy.
Those are beautiful autumn colours, and a great view from your upstairs window!