Thursday, August 30, 2007

Jo'burg Man

Recently while enjoying browsing through old Elle Decor magazines from South Africa, I found something I had fallen in love with the first time I saw it.



The artwork is a collaboration between photographers Dale Yudelman and Arlene Amaler-Raviv. For some reason I find it thoroughly arresting... anything I've found online says that the work is meant to explore the individual as s/he experiences the city in every day life.

Here it is again, with another from the same body of work. There is something about the hugeness of the man as he goes unnoticed through the landscape.






(Scanned in image from Elle Decoration Autumn Issue 2006, the apartment of Kamran Khavari.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too LOVE these shots and Dale Yudelman i think was in my brother's circle of friends. i must ask him again. my bro is a photog himself living in the UK.

kbd said...

Ooh, interesting! If you do find out more, could you let me know if there is somewhere online that I can see more of Dale's work? Thanks! And your bro's work? Available online somewhere?